The purpose of the Blair PTSA MiniGrants Program is to fund innovative, informative and inspirational projects for Blair High School students that go above and beyond traditional opportunities.
Highly rated proposals are those that benefit many students, target an underserved population, have broad academic and curricular value, provide a compelling need for the request, and/or provide tangible benefits to current and future Blair students.
Examples of past approved projects:
- OneBlair student engagement and dialogue
- Speakers and microphones to support MBHS Marching Band
- Horticulture gardening projects: urban, pollinator, vegetable, and aqua-phonic
- Mini PCR (polymerase chain reaction) apparatus and melting pot apparatus
- Video cameras for new English and ESOL elective, Lights, Camera, Literacy!
- Guest speaker fees for the Town Hall Against Islamophobia
- School-wide Indoor Soccer league tournaments
- Laboratory supplies for biology, forensics and horticulture classes
- Culturally appropriate novels for ESOL 5 Students’ reading proficiency
Examples of items that cannot be covered by MiniGrants:
- Hotel costs
- Computer equipment intended for use by one individual
- Private transportation
- Costs for projects that already receive PTSA funding
Please view the Blair PTSA’s ‘Volunteer Opportunities‘ webpage for more information about the above program and the open/vacant Committee Chair position.