NOTE: The AfterProm for the 2019-2020 school year
will be held on Sunday, May 17, 2020 from midnight to 4 a.m. has been postponed due to the closing of MCPS schools as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. See April 24, 2020 message below from Blair High School Principal Johnson regarding Senior Prom and Graduation.
MBHS Senior Celebration Survey: This survey is for members of the MBHS class of 2020 and was created by the Blair High School PTSA AfterProm Committee and other parents who want to know how the class of 2020 would like to celebrate their graduation. Click here to complete the survey.
The ‘AfterProm‘ Program provides a safe, alcohol/drug-free environment for Blair HS students to enjoy…after the Blair Prom! The AfterProm includes games, gifts, prizes, dancing, oversize inflatables, entertainment and other fun activities along with tasty food, snacks and beverages to help the students enjoy their late-night-to-early-morning outing.
The AfterProm is held at Blair High School from midnight until 4 a.m. Note: Entrance to the AfterProm closes at 1:30 a.m. and attendees are not allowed re-entry to the event once he/she leaves AfterProm.
This program requires volunteers to handle a variety of activities such as:
- Building/facility security
- Prize patrol
- Food and beverages
If you have any questions about the Blair PTSA’s ‘AfterProm’ program and/or how you can help, please contact our AfterProm Committee Chair, Bowen Fong (email@example.com).
APRIL 24, 2020 MESSAGE FROM BLAIR HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL JOHNSON RE SENIOR PROM AND GRADUATION
Montgomery County Public Schools will make the decision on the cancellation or postponement of Prom and Graduation for all high schools. These milestone events are important to our students, staff, families, and community. I have met virtually with students, staff, and parents this week to hear their concerns and ideas for our Class of 2020.
Below are three graduation options that MCPS has shared with stakeholders. A survey to determine the best graduation option will be sent to high school students and parent groups from MCPS soon.
MCPS Graduation Options:
1. Postpone the traditional graduation ceremonies to late July 2020, dependent upon when schools reopen and CDC guidelines for large gatherings.
2. Have a virtual graduation. Virtual Graduations Considerations:
- Students may not want to videotape themselves at home. There are privacy concerns.
- Families without a TV or WIFI in the home cannot watch a virtual graduation and doing so on a cell phone would be challenging. We issued over 800 Chromebooks and MiFi’s to families, which is all the technology that some families have.
- Many families do not have cars, so they cannot attend a movie drive-in theatre graduation event.
3. Have a virtual graduation and seniors could return to their high schools next year for a class celebration…perhaps Homecoming.