Text and image below from the Montgomery Blair High School’s ‘Principal’s Newsletter‘ (April 2021).
MCPS has established a pooled testing process for schools. Results are typically available within 2-3 days. If a student’s group identifies a positive result, then additional testing will be offered. Blair’s pooled testing will start on Friday April 23, 2021 and will be offered each Friday thereafter.
Here are five important things to know about the pooled testing process:
- In-school tests will be self-administered by students
- The swab tests are simple, gentle, and collected in a single tube
- To participate in the weekly tests, families must complete the consent form. The consent form only needs to be completed once (not each week).
- The testing is pooled and does not identify individual results nor collect personal information.
- MCPS has developed a contact tracing and notification process to ensure safety and privacy.
For additional information, please watch the MCPS Pooled testing video .
If you have any additional questions about pooled testing, please contact Assistant Principal Joe Fanning via e-mail.