- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults, families and teens. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details.
- ➡️ Blair HS PTSA, Blair High School and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events (have blue vertical line in front of their event listings). For a complete list of the Blair HS PTSA’s meetings and events, please visit our calendar on the website’s homepage.
- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the coronavirus pandemic or other issues.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
Workshop: Changing Careers, Branding and Elevator Speech (Free Library of Philadelphia) – VIRTUAL
December 10, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Are you unsure of how to introduce yourself in networking situations? Are you unclear about what others think and feel about you professionally? If yes, this is just the workshop for you! In this workshop, learn how to develop your personal brand in a clear, easy-to-understand process, and identify unique strengths that differentiate you.
In today’s employment marketplace, employers are interested in both your hard skills — specific knowledge and abilities, and soft skills — personal attributes and personality traits. Attend this workshop and learn:
- The definition of a personal brand
- How to position yourself in the employment marketplace
- The difference between hard and soft skills
- Which skills are most highly sought after and transferable?
- How to bring hard and soft skills into your job search
- How to use hard and soft skills to change jobs and careers
- How to make yourself memorable
To join, please register here. Zoom meeting information will be emailed upon registration.
Full Circle Career Workshops are made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.