- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. For specific events, topics or audiences (e.g., teens, Blair High School, Blair PTSA, education, etc.), enter the search term in the search function. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details. Note: Blair High School, Blair HS PTSA and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events.
- ➡️ MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools) schools and buildings will remain closed through the Fall 2020 Semester. Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
Survey Period: ‘Return to School’ Parent Preference Survey (MCPS)
November 11 - December 9
FYI: Text below from MCPS News Article’ Parent Preference Survey Closes Dec. 3‘ (November 13, 2020).
MCPS hosted a virtual conversation on Nov. 12, 2020 on the plan for students to return to in-person learning beginning January 2021. If you missed the conversation, you can watch it here. MCPS leaders answered questions about the plan and the parent preference survey.
The Parent Preference Survey launched Nov. 11 [link to survey – various languages] and the responses will play a critical part in our planning for the return of students.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
- We will move forward with our return plan only if health metrics are met.
- We understand this is a difficult decision to make given that details on what in-person learning will look like are yet to be determined. We are asking parents to make a selection now because the number of students who want to return and other information shared through the survey will help inform the design of the in-person instructional model, the number of school buildings we can open and scheduling. This one-page guide was developed to help parents determine what works best for their specific family circumstances.
- Our planning is also dependent on staff availability. Staff have been asked to submit their requests for leave or accommodation based on qualifying health concerns or dependent care needs. Staffing numbers will impact the way we provide in-person instruction and could vary from school to school. For example, your child’s teacher may qualify for an accommodation and may not return to the school building, but will continue to provide instruction virtually. If you opt for your child to return to in-person learning, it is possible that they may not have their specific teacher in the building.
- On Nov. 6, we shared that families who select the in-person experience (which will still include some virtual components) can change to the all-virtual model at any time. Families that select the all-virtual option can only change their selection based on availability and unique circumstances.
- The safety of our students and staff is our top priority. All students and staff who are in school buildings will be required to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of face coverings, physical distancing of classroom desks, hand-washing and sanitizing, health screening protocols and enhancements to HVAC systems, where needed.
- Families can expect to receive more information about their school-specific plan and instructional model in January.
- Available seats on school buses will be limited in alignment with safety protocols and we may not be able to provide transportation for all families who request it.
If you have read the one-pager guide and still have questions about the survey before you submit your response, please email email@example.com with the subject “Survey” and we will make every effort to address your questions. Please note, we will not be able to answer specifics on what in-person learning will look like for your child. This can only be developed once we receive responses from all parents.