- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. For specific events, topics or audiences (e.g., teens, Blair High School, Blair PTSA, education, etc.), enter the search term in the search function. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details.
- ➡️ Blair High School, Blair HS PTSA and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events (have blue vertical lines in front of their event listings).
- ➡️ MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools) schools and buildings will remain closed until January 29, 2021 (reopening date subject to change). Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
Online Resources for Families During Distance Learning (MCPS Parent Academy) – VIRTUAL
January 13 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Virtual learning can be difficult to navigate. Let MCPS school library media programs be your guide. Support your children by exploring the many online resources available for students to tap into while learning from home. We will include the fundamentals of the inquiry process of research and how to encourage your child to create and answer good research questions, compare free resources vs. subscription databases, and delve into searching a variety of databases. We will also review access to ebooks and audiobooks using the Sora app and other platforms. Presented by MCPS staff. Recommended for families of elementary, middle and high school students.