- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. For specific events, topics or audiences (e.g., teens, Blair High School, Blair PTSA, education, technology, etc.), enter the search term in the search function. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details.
- ➡️ Blair High School, Blair HS PTSA and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events (have blue vertical line in front of their event listings). For a complete list of the Blair HS PTSA’s meetings and events, you can view our current calendar.
- ➡️ MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools) schools and buildings will remain closed until March 15, 2021 (reopening date subject to change). Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
Nomination Deadline: 2020 Maryland PTA Awards (Maryland PTA)
August 10, 2020
It’s recognition time!!! Would you like to honor a hard working PTA Leader(s) and Member(s) for all of their hard work and dedication to PTA? Honor someone with one of our many Maryland PTA awards. The deadline for application is Aug. 10, 2020.
For more on the Maryland PTA Awards and the Awards packet application …. Please Click Here!
Type of Awards & Criteria:
- Golden Apple (Local Unit Award) – PTA/PTSA member who, by their actions, consistently supports the five Purposes of PTA.
- Family of the Year – Two or more family members (PTA/PTSA members) who willingly serve PTA/PTSA and the community, support the school, and value the Mission and Purposes of the PTA. Services provided by the nominees must benefit the entire school or community, rather than their immediate family, and reflect the Purposes of PTA.
- Educator of the Year – An educator, and PTA/PTSA member, who has fostered relationships between parents, the school, and the community and has shown outstanding commitment to the Purposes and Mission of PTA.
- Dad 4 PTA Award – A male PTA/PTSA member who has made outstanding and exemplary contributions which reflect the Purposes of PTA.
- Maryland PTA Phyllis Reed Award – A PTA/PTSA member who has consistently exhibited exemplary work on behalf of Maryland PTA throughout the state on a volunteer basis. To be eligible for this award, nominees must sit on the Governance Structure of Maryland PTA or volunteer on behalf of Maryland PTA.
- Maryland PTA Lifetime Achievement – A PTA/PTSA member who has made outstanding and exemplary contributions as established by Maryland PTA.
- National PTA Life Achievement – The National PTA Life Achievement Award honors someone who has contributed to children’s welfare, and persistently advocates for children in promoting the work of National PTA.