- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. For specific events, topics or audiences (e.g., teens, Blair High School, Blair PTSA, education, etc.), enter the search term in the search function. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details. Note: Blair High School’s 2020-2021 ‘Meeting & Events Calendar’ is available HERE.
- ➡️ MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools) schools and buildings will remain closed through the Fall 2020 Semester. Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
#MoreThanAMonth: Museum Day Live (Prince George’s African American Museum and Cultural Center & Smithsonian Magazine) – CANCELLED
April 4 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Description: During this year’s annual Museum Day hosted by Smithsonian magazine, we are presenting live music, black history, and powerful art.
Click here to register/RSVP for the event
- View the Museum’s exhibitions on display: A Space of Their Own; Race, Religion, and Revolt; and Footsteps from North Brentwood.
- Explore the Museum through a fun self-guided scavenger hunt.
- Contribute to our Pride of Place letter writing campaign in homage to Prince George county.
2-2:30 pm and 2:30-3 pm:
- Guided tours of our new exhibition, Race, Religion, and Revolt featuring the work of painter, David Cassidy. The tour will explore Cassidy’s social commentary on the right-wing evangelical agenda and the continued oppression of the black community.
- Enjoy a live musical set by PGAAMCC’s performing artist-in-residence, MissChelle Renée for a set of songs that celebrates the black experience.
- Meet David Cassidy, the artist behind our exhibition, Race, Religion, and Revolt. David will discuss his creative process and the socially conscious messages found within his work.
All activities are first-come, first-served. Activities are subject to change.
About Museum Day
Museum Day is an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian magazine.