Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible date changes or cancellations due to the Coronavirus pandemic. NOTE: On March 30, 2020, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan ordered Maryland to limit gatherings to 10 people or fewer (applies to social, community, religious and recreational or sports activities).
- This event has passed.
#MoreThanAMonth: Museum Day Live (Prince George’s African American Museum and Cultural Center & Smithsonian Magazine) – CANCELLED
April 4 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Description: During this year’s annual Museum Day hosted by Smithsonian magazine, we are presenting live music, black history, and powerful art.
Click here to register/RSVP for the event
- View the Museum’s exhibitions on display: A Space of Their Own; Race, Religion, and Revolt; and Footsteps from North Brentwood.
- Explore the Museum through a fun self-guided scavenger hunt.
- Contribute to our Pride of Place letter writing campaign in homage to Prince George county.
2-2:30 pm and 2:30-3 pm:
- Guided tours of our new exhibition, Race, Religion, and Revolt featuring the work of painter, David Cassidy. The tour will explore Cassidy’s social commentary on the right-wing evangelical agenda and the continued oppression of the black community.
- Enjoy a live musical set by PGAAMCC’s performing artist-in-residence, MissChelle Renée for a set of songs that celebrates the black experience.
- Meet David Cassidy, the artist behind our exhibition, Race, Religion, and Revolt. David will discuss his creative process and the socially conscious messages found within his work.
All activities are first-come, first-served. Activities are subject to change.
About Museum Day
Museum Day is an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian magazine.