- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. For specific events, topics or audiences (e.g., teens, Blair High School, Blair PTSA, education, etc.), enter the search term in the search function. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details. Note: Blair High School’s 2020-2021 ‘Meeting & Events Calendar’ is available HERE.
- ➡️ MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools) schools and buildings will remain closed through the Fall 2020 Semester. Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
Consumer Protection Series: Identity Online, Scams, Debt Collection & Online Payments – Various Dates (MCPL) – VIRTUAL or PHONE
September 15 - October 6
Learn what steps you can take to help better protect your identity online during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic.
Learn what steps you can take to help better protect your identity during the Coronavirus/Covid-19 pandemic.
This is a 4-part Virtual Consumer Protection Series taking place Tuesdays, 2-3pm from September 15 – October 6. The other topics include (click topic/link for registration:
- Tuesday September 15, 2020 @ 2 pm – Internet Safety: Protecting Your Identity Online
- Tuesday September 22, 2020 @ 2 pm – Tips on Avoiding Scams Related to COVID-19
- Tuesday September 29, 2020 @ 2pm – Debt Collection during Covid-19; Know your Rights
- Tuesday October 6, 2020 @ 2pm – Using P2P Payment Systems: Are they safe?
This series is a collaboration between MCPL and Montgomery County’s Office of Consumer Protection.
For security reasons, this program session will be locked 10 minutes after it begins. Please log in promptly.
Join us in Zoom: [Zoom Link]
Or Dial-In: 301 715 8592; Meeting ID: [MEETING ID]
Looking for resources?
Take a look at these resources using your library card. Don’t have a card right now? No worries, try our newly improved Digital Library card https://mcpl.link/DigitalCard and you’ll be ready to go in minutes.
By joining this Virtual MCPL program, you agree to abide by our rules of conduct. Library staff has the authority to remove you from this program if we deem your behavior to be inappropriate, to ensure the safety of staff and customers.