- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. Please review event descriptions or contact event organizers for audience details.
- ➡️ Maryland schools and buildings will remain closed through the rest of the 2019-2020 academic school year. Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
High School Students College Planning Course (Moon Prep) – VIRTUAL
July 1 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
About this Event
College might seem like it is still far off, but the first couple of high school years is the key to your success during the college planning process. By creating a plan for your standardized tests, extracurricular activities, and high school classes, you can ensure that you are putting yourself in the best position possible when it’s time to apply to colleges.
With these video modules, checklists, and worksheets, our course helps fully prepare you for college.
NOTE: This is not a live class. You’ll get a link to the online class in your email where you can access the material and watch it at your convenience!
Module 1: Timeline: Beginning The College Application
- The role of parents in the college admission process
- Finding your passions
- Necessary skills to learn
Module 2: Building Your Resume
- Scheduling classes with college in mind
- Researching high school activities
- Building a LinkedIn Profile
Module 3: Creating A Strategic College List
- Making a college list
- Milestones to hit to keep on track
- Going on college visits
Module 4: The Different Ways To Apply: How To Maximize Your Chances
- Understanding what the university values
- Learning about Early Action, Early Decision and Restrictive Early Action
- Senior year checklist
Bonus: College list template checklists for early high school, junior year and senior year, and a 15-page LinkedIn Ultimate Guide.