- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic.
- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults and/or teens. For specific events, topics or audiences (e.g., teens, Blair High School, Blair PTSA, education, etc.), enter the search term in the search function. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details.
- ➡️ Blair High School, Blair HS PTSA and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events (have blue vertical lines in front of their event listings).
- ➡️ MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools) schools and buildings will remain closed until January 29, 2021 (reopening date subject to change). Events that were scheduled at MCPS schools and buildings will either be postponed or cancelled.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
Application Submission/Opportunity for SSL Hours: PeaceJam Program 2021 (MCPS) – VIRTUAL
January 4 - January 15
For MCPS High School Students Only (Ages 14-18)
Montgomery County Public Schools has partnered with PeaceJam Mid-Atlantic, a regional affiliate of the international education program that connects youth with Nobel Peace Prize winners. PeaceJam’s mission is to create young leaders committed to positive change in themselves, their communities, and the world through the inspiration of 14 Nobel Peace Laureates who pass on the spirit, skills, and wisdom they embody.
PeaceJam Mid-Atlantic and MCPS will deliver a weekly virtual leadership development program, focused on community engagement and connection, to High School students in Montgomery County Public Schools from February 3, 2021, to May 12, 2021.
Participating students will earn SSL Hours.
Who: MCPS High School Students
What: PeaceJam Program
Where: Virtual Meeting via MCPS Zoom
When: Every Wednesday 3:30-5:00 pm (February 3rd, 2021 – May 12th, 2021)
(You will need to be logged into your MCPS student account to access the application.)
Application Period: January 4, 2021 – January 15, 2021.
For more information, contact:
Donna Kleffman, Instructional Specialist, MCPS Office of Student Leadership and Extracurricular Activities: Donna_K_Kleffman@mcpsmd.org
Michelle Avaroma, Director, PeaceJam Mid-Atlantic: Michelle_Avaroma@mcpsmd.org