- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults, families and teens. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details.
- ➡️ Blair High School, Blair HS PTSA and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events (have blue vertical line in front of their event listings). For a complete list of the Blair HS PTSA’s meetings and events, you can view our current calendar.
- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the coronavirus pandemic or other issues.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
⭐ The Lines Between Us: Civil Rights and Housing In the 21st Century (ACLU Maryland) – VIRTUAL
April 22 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join the University of Baltimore and the ACLU of Maryland for a conversation with award-winning journalist and author of The Lines Between Us: Two Families and a Quest to Cross Baltimore’s Racial Divide, Lawrence Lanahan.
Lanahan will be joined in discussion with Adria Crutchfield, executive director at Baltimore Regional Housing Partnership, Barbara Samuels, ACLU of Maryland’s former managing attorney and lead counsel on the landmark housing civil rights case, Thompson v. HUD, and Nicole Smith, Columbia, MD resident and focus of The Lines Between Us. The discussion will be moderated by Roger Hartley, Dean, College of Public Affairs, and will be followed by an audience Q & A. Learn more about the book.
KNOW BEFORE YOU ATTEND:
- The event is free and open to the public.
- The virtual event will be hosted on Zoom.
- If you need an accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (for example: sign language interpreter, etc), please indicate your request on the RSVP form below. We will do our best to secure all requested accommodations.