- ➡️ Events listed are primarily for adults, families and teens. Please review event descriptions and/or contact event organizers for details.
- ➡️ Blair HS PTSA, Blair High School and MCPS events are designated as ‘Featured’ events (have blue vertical line in front of their event listings). For a complete list of the Blair HS PTSA’s meetings and events, please visit our calendar on the website’s homepage.
- ➡️ Please contact event organizers and/or venues prior to attendance for possible ‘event attendance’ limitations, safety/protection requirements, date changes or cancellations due to the coronavirus pandemic or other issues.
- ➡️ ‘Virtual’ Events are events that will be held ONLINE ONLY. Check event details for access information. Note: Some virtual events start at different coast or international times (Pacific, Central, Greenwich Mean, etc.). The virtual event times listed on this website have been converted to New York/Eastern Standard Time.
- This event has passed.
⭐ COVID-19 and Vaccine Information Session (Enoch Pratt Free Library) – VIRTUAL
April 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Registration not required, but encouraged. Click here to register.
Join us for a free public information session to address your questions and learn the facts about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and COVID-19 vaccines. Hear from clinicians, researchers, people that have received the vaccine, and other health professionals.
Please send your questions to be answered during the webinar to email@example.com by 5pm on March 30.
Topics covered will include:
- Vaccine hesitancy
- Debunking Covid myths
- Covid vs. Flu or SARS
- New virus variances
- Difficulty Accessing the Vaccine
Dr. Sherita Hill Golden, the Hugh P. McCormick Family Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolism and Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer for Johns Hopkins Medicine
Dr. Murray, Dean of the College of Health Professions at Coppin State University
Dr. Sydnor, Dean of the School of Community Health and Policy at Morgan State University and serves as Associate Professor for the Department of Behavioral Health Sciences
Dr. Talaat, Assistant Professor in the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. She holds a joint appointment in medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include vaccine clinical trials and vaccine safety.
Dr. Zenilman, professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He is known internationally for his work in infectious disease epidemiology.
Presented with Coppin State University, Johns Hopkins Johns Hopkins Medicine, and Morgan State University.
Thank you to the the Maryland State Library and Maryland libraries across the state for supporting the program: Cecil County Public Library, Dorchester County Public Library, Prince George’s County Memorial Library System, Worcester County, Talbot County Free Library, Allegany County Library System, Kent County Public Library, Calvert Library, Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled, Maryland State Library, Howard County Library System.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13017158592,,94397015971#,,,,*777377# or +16465588656,,94397015971#,,,,*777377#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 651 372 8299 or +1 786 635 1003 or +1 267 831 0333 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 470 250 9358 or +1 470 381 2552 or +1 646 518 9805 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 720 928 9299 or +1 971 247 1195 or +1 213 338 8477 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 602 753 0140 or +1 669 219 2599
Webinar ID: 943 9701 5971
International numbers available: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/u/ale9hd9Et