- This event has passed.
College Admissions Panel
September 18, 2017 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
The MBHS PTSA cordially invites you to attend a College Admissions Panel Discussion event on Monday, September 18 at 7:00pm in the MBHS Auditorium.
This event is an important opportunity for all Blair students and families to learn about the college admissions process and have discussions with admissions officers from several colleges in this area:
University of Maryland at College Park
Bowie State University
Johns Hopkins University
The admissions officers will discuss about both the general process of college application/admissions and specific information about their colleges. Please also bring your written questions to the event to have them to be addressed by the admissions officers. You can also send your questions to Luke Gao (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will also be taking written questions from the audience.
Please arrive before 7:00pm, as the program will start promptly.
Here are several sample questions that will be addressed at the college admissions panel discussion:
- What are the main factors your college considers in making admissions decision?
- If my student applies early action, early decision, or early deadline, does my student have a greater chance of being accepted?
- What is more important to colleges – SAT / ACT scores or GPAs, or others?
- What is the scholarship application process and factors for consideration for your school?
- Will applying for financial aid negatively affect my chances for admission?
- How important is the college essay to the admissions process? What makes for an effective essay?
- Is a college’s curriculum the most important thing that seniors should use in determining the best college for them?
- Is it helpful during the admissions process for students to have a focused major in mind? Or, is it OK to be uncertain about this in the application?
And, any other questions that you come up with.